Production of bimetal
"Bikor Ltd." produces bimetal using base of scientific and engineering center "Materials explosion treatment" IEW Paton. Bimetal can be produced all year round.
Base: thickness from 1 mm to 200 mm, width up to 1000 mm, length up to 2000 mm.
Material - carbon steel, low-alloy, high-alloy, non-ferrous metals and alloys in the form of sheet, slab, forgings, etc.
Cladding layer from 1 mm to 25 mm
Material - high-alloy steels, titanium alloys, copper, brass, aluminum and its alloys, nickel and nickel-iron alloys, fehral (Cantal), molybdenum, as well as high-strength wear-resistant steel, etc.
The quality of the bimetal is provided by:
- Input control of the raw materials
- Production technology
- System of technological parameters control at all stages of production
Quality control of the finished bimetal is made on the following points:
- Ultrasonic testing of connections continuity and thickness of the cladding layer test
- Connection peel, shear and flexural strength tests according to standard procedures
- Metallographic examination of connection continuity.
Heat treatment: as agreed.
Main applications of bimetal: tube decks of heat exchangers, adapters in high-current electrical circuits, petrochemicals and power engineering for vehicles, vessels and other equipment, shipbuilding.